View Dataset source in existing Insights Page

06-02-2021 02:18 PM
PhilipWeeks
New Contributor III

I've been trying to troubleshoot some insights pages I've inherited.  I'm getting the ever helpful "Something went wrong error."  I'm pretty sure it's a database connection issue even though in other situations I've gotten an explicit connection error message instead of this vague one. 

I want to see what this page is trying to connect to but while I can add new data sources I can't see a way of viewing the connection properties/source of something already in the page.  I feel like this should have been easy to figure out but I can't for the life of me see a way to view the source/connection of data sets already in the insights page.  I would have assumed it would be an option in the ... menu but the only useful troubleshooting help there is the lack of a "Refresh Dataset" option which appears in working pages, which further leads me to believe it's a connection issue.  Additionally selecting Copy to Workbook just creates a "Something went wrong." item in the datasets.

PhilipWeeks_0-1622668230935.png

My guess is that these tables were views that were created at some point but no longer exist but without knowing what it's trying to connect to I can't trace the problem further.  I tried viewing network traffic but it only let me to a rest endpoint which returned a JSON containing a field called "Datasets" with a bunch of unintelligable base64 numbers in it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Philip,

This is a great point and suggestion. We will consider exposing the data source location within the UI, in a future release. The ideas page works really well for submitting new features like this - https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-insights-ideas/idb-p/arcgis-insights-ideas

0 Kudos