Is Insights limited to certain storage type?

Jump to solution
07-20-2018 11:51 AM
BijuThavaran
New Contributor II

I am using data from enterprise geo database (Oracle)  and insight does not pick up the shape field for the feature classes we have in the system.

We are on ArcGIS for portal 10.5.1 version and  Insights Version 2.3 and all patches are up to date.

The Image below shows the feature class's Geometry Properties "Storage: High Precision using ESRI LOB spatial type"

Does Insight not support this type of storage even though this is the default option ESRI uses when creating a new feature class as show in the 2nd image

Properties of Feature Class

While creating the feature class I picked the default configuration

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Biju,

Thank you for clarifying that. I think the tool you're looking for is this: Data migration from one storage type to another—Help | ArcGIS Desktop  You should be able to use this to convert BLOB (SDELOB) to ST_Geometry. With the help of python and ArcPy you can script this to run against all the feature classes in the geodatabase if you'd like or a specific set. 

Thanks,

Aravind

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WillHughes2
New Contributor III

Correction: BLOB (SDELOB) is not supported. Supported data types from databases—Insights reference | ArcGIS 

You can use ST_Geometry or SDO_Geometry. 

AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Biju,

In the screenshots provided we see that you're using a feature class created using the ArcFM objects. Can you show us a screenshot of the default storage type used when you create a feature class unassociated with ArcFM objects? 

Thank you,

Aravind

0 Kudos
BijuThavaran
New Contributor II

HI Aravind,

Even though the snap shot shows the feature class name as ARCFM.test its not an ArcFM feature class.

The reason for the name  ArcFM before the feature class name is because the feature class was created under ArcFM schema. I have attached few snap shots from a non ArcFM Schema  i.e JTX here for your reference. Was wondering if there is setting some where to change the default storage type? I know this is not a group  to ask this question but are What is the best way to convert the storage type of existing feature classes from one for to the other? and if there is an easy way to do it what's  the implications of converting ? Thanks for taking time to answer my question.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Biju,

Thank you for clarifying that. I think the tool you're looking for is this: Data migration from one storage type to another—Help | ArcGIS Desktop  You should be able to use this to convert BLOB (SDELOB) to ST_Geometry. With the help of python and ArcPy you can script this to run against all the feature classes in the geodatabase if you'd like or a specific set. 

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos