Insights Link Map 2 related addresses are not connecting

Jump to solution
03-05-2020 12:39 PM
AndreaQiao
New Contributor II

Update, if I connect to the table has below data through database connection to Insights, enabling both locations in 1 dataset on Insights does not work. Once I saved the data to an excel sheet then load the excel sheet to Insights, I can enable both locations in the same dataset and create connection. Why thought database connect method does not work?

I am working on  create link map in insights. I have 2 sets of coordinates in the same record. In Insights, I can only enable location using 1 set of coordinates, when I tried to enable the location for the 2nd set of coordinates after the 1st location enabled, Insight generated error. No matter which set of coordinates I did first. The data is below:

XySC_XSC_Y
-95.13829.36919-94.78829.29722

I did bring the data 2 times in Insights, enabled location for 1 set of coordinates in 1 dataset, and enabled location for the 2nd set of coordinates in another dataset, then join the 2 datasets together so that the combined dataset has both locations. However, when I tried to create the link map, both location showed up in the map, but not connecting. 

Anyone has suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Andrea,

This seems strange.  You should definitely be able to enable as many location fields on your dataset as you want.  It should not matter what data source it is.

Have you made sure that the spatial reference option that you are using within the Enable Location dialogue is correct?

I would recommend contacting tech support to walk through the specifics.

Esri Support | ArcGIS Technical Support 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Andrea,

This seems strange.  You should definitely be able to enable as many location fields on your dataset as you want.  It should not matter what data source it is.

Have you made sure that the spatial reference option that you are using within the Enable Location dialogue is correct?

I would recommend contacting tech support to walk through the specifics.

Esri Support | ArcGIS Technical Support 

0 Kudos