Select to view content in your preferred language

Heat Chart and Data Clock graphs not publishing to ArcGIS Enterprise from Insights Desktop 2023.1

05-03-2023 09:51 AM
PaulCone2
Occasional Contributor III

I have a page (they are called reports now?) that has a couple of graphs that don't draw when published from Insights Desktop 2023.1 to ArcGIS Enterprise.  I just upgraded from the previous version and they published before.  I can publish them to ArcGIS Online.  

I tried it with some completely different data in a test workbook and the result is the same -- graph with labels but no data.

I thought maybe it was the data so I added it to a Line Graph and that works.

Seems like maybe an issue with Desktop to Enterprise and the latest update?

(Also wondering why the Publish button moved in 2023.1.  Seems like it should stay with other file related options in the pop-up, Rename, Save as, etc.)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulCone2

Does this help?

Insights_web_errors.png

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

@IanMuehlenhaus any ideas here?  We've confirmed this issue with completely different data.  Next step is to open case with ESRI and report a bug.

Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Hi @PaulCone2,

Sorry for the delay. My colleague, Amelia, had an idea. Hopefully it's a fix -- fingers crossed! 

Is there a chance you only updated ArcGIS Insights Desktop and not ArcGIS Insights Enterprise. It may be working on AGOL, because that updated automatically, but not on Enterprise, because it is still the old version. 

I hope this is the fix, but if not, please let us know. I'm very sorry for this issue.

Best,

Ian

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
0 Kudos
PaulCone2

We're running Enterprise 10.9.1, but I think we may still be at 2022.3 there.  Our server admin just went on vacation so might be a couple weeks before we can confirm.

PaulCone2

Pretty sure we are at 2022.3, though your chart says it should be compatible.  When our server admin is back in a couple of weeks we'll upgrade and test again.

PaulCone2

Running 2023.1 on both Enterprise and Desktop fixed this.

0 Kudos