Filter several cards from different datasets with a single selection on the map

Jump to solution
01-08-2020 03:40 PM
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to filter the cards from different datasets with one selection on the map containing the layers underlying the cards.

The map contains 2 layers (one with polygons and one with points): 1 layer for upper card and 1 layer for lower card. I can do the selection on the map with lasso, but it will filter only one of the cards, depending on which layer is active on the map. No matter what I try with spatial, predefined filters, nothing works to make both cards being filtered by a single selection on the map.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Yulia

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Yulia,

In order for selections and filters to work across multiple different cards, it must be reading the same dataset.  If the data is currently residing in two separate datasets, you can bring it together by using create relationships.  This will support both traditional joins, as well as spatial joins.  Once it's the same dataset, you should be able to have the interactivity across cards.

Create relationships to join datasets—Insights Get Started | Documentation 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Yulia,

In order for selections and filters to work across multiple different cards, it must be reading the same dataset.  If the data is currently residing in two separate datasets, you can bring it together by using create relationships.  This will support both traditional joins, as well as spatial joins.  Once it's the same dataset, you should be able to have the interactivity across cards.

Create relationships to join datasets—Insights Get Started | Documentation 

AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

I have a big joined dataset that I am using for all my cards. Why doesn't the predefined filter (on the same joined dataset) do anything? If you click a name on the filter, it should filter at least what's in the map or the other cards, no?

my predefined filter is on location_EN which is what is shown in the map, and in every other card. But the group, value filters do absolutely nothing.

ArcGIS Insights 

0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Aurelie,

Are you sure that the joined data that you are using in the predefined filter is the same table in the other cards?  You will need to re-create the other cards (eg: summary tables) with the joined table as well.

0 Kudos
AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

everything was created from the joined table. Or are you saying I need to create the pre-defined filter first?

The only way I got it to work was to add a table, and when you click the row in the table then you can filter all the cards. The pre-defined filter - even one I just added, still does nothing.