Connecting Insights to a Hana db

Jump to solution
04-16-2020 10:29 AM
JordanBaumgardner
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to get Insights set up in our portal and I'm having trouble getting the db connections to work. I can't seem to find any logs or any detailed error messages. All I get is "New connections are not supported".

I have registered the sde connection with ArcGis Server. Portal can see it. ArcGis Pro can use it but I can't get past the first screen in Insights.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello Jordan,

Please make sure you have registered the JDBC drivers, as described here:  Required vendor files—Insights admin | Documentation 

Also the required privileges are described here:  Required database privileges—Insights admin | Documentation 

As an alternative to using the browser version of ArcGIS Insights, you can download and use Insights Desktop.  The Insights Desktop client application does not require the JDBC drivers to be configured.  Insights Desktop can be installed here, and works with your existing Insights licensing.

Insights Desktop Download | ArcGIS Insights 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello Jordan,

Please make sure you have registered the JDBC drivers, as described here:  Required vendor files—Insights admin | Documentation 

Also the required privileges are described here:  Required database privileges—Insights admin | Documentation 

As an alternative to using the browser version of ArcGIS Insights, you can download and use Insights Desktop.  The Insights Desktop client application does not require the JDBC drivers to be configured.  Insights Desktop can be installed here, and works with your existing Insights licensing.

Insights Desktop Download | ArcGIS Insights 

JordanBaumgardner

Thank you so much! That is a great lead. I did not register the JDBC drivers and I did not know about the desktop version. I will try both and report back. 

0 Kudos
JordanBaumgardner

That did the trick, thank you.

I zipped up ngdbc.jar, uploaded it to ArcGis server through /admin/upload

Registered it under data/relational

Then I was able to make the connections in Insights

ArthurHaddad
Esri Contributor

This video on our Youtube channel has a good walk through as well to help you get going with Insights access to SAP HANA.