Connect two filters to respective maps

Jump to solution
05-09-2022 06:58 AM
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Good day all.

Let's say I have two multi-selection drop menus one for `score` and one for `depth` (with low, medium and high values). In one map I want to show the selected `score` and in other one I want to show the `depth` in select areas with the selected score. Moreover, there is another filter for `location` as well. What that means is that, for example, the user selects `score` `1` and `location` `A`. The score map zooms into location `A` and shows score 1. In the other filter the user selects depth `low`. The other map then zooms into location `A` and shows areas `low` depth corresponding to score `1`.

Please note that all the three filters are based on the same dataset.

How can I connect the `score` and `depth` filters with the `score` and `depth` maps respectively? 

Desired Output

Notes_220509_102904.jpg

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ed_,

The answer is going to be somewhat dependent on what type of symbology you're wanting in your maps but generally you could follow the example here.

Create multiple layers of the same dataset because the predefined filters are set on individual layers.  Then add whichever layer goes on each map.

Scott_Aulen_0-1652294311099.png

Scott

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Good day @LindaBeale,  @Scott_Aulen, hope all is well, any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ed_,

The answer is going to be somewhat dependent on what type of symbology you're wanting in your maps but generally you could follow the example here.

Create multiple layers of the same dataset because the predefined filters are set on individual layers.  Then add whichever layer goes on each map.

Scott_Aulen_0-1652294311099.png

Scott

0 Kudos