Can you label features in Insights for ArcGIS?

Jump to solution
12-12-2018 07:19 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I know the answer to this, which is, "no." I have looked and not seen any labelling option, but I am posting this in the hopes that I have overlooked something 😕

I have a series of sample locations, that can be selected / filtered from a map or a table, so the user can pick the features they want to, but I really would like the features to be labelled, so they can see both the location and the identity of the feature.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

An Enhancement for the feature has been logged by Esri Technical Support: ENH-000130292. To raise the priority of this issue, please log a case with us so that we can have the most up do date figures.

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DarrylKlassen1
Occasional Contributor II

Randy,

Did you ever find an answer to this issue?  I have had the same request from our users, but haven't figured out how to add labels.

Thanks

Darryl Klassen

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No. It appears as though this is not possible, which is amazing. This may be a deal-breaker for us.

DarrylKlassen1
Occasional Contributor II

Agreed.  For us, we have a mix of Operations Dashboard and Insights.  Right now, Operations Dashboard seems to have some better functionality.

ArthurHaddad
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the question and apologies for the delay in the teams response.  We have this as a feature in our backlog that we will be adding to a future release.

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

An Enhancement for the feature has been logged by Esri Technical Support: ENH-000130292. To raise the priority of this issue, please log a case with us so that we can have the most up do date figures.

Keep on keeping on!
PaulCone2
Occasional Contributor III

What's the status of this request?  I can't even find where to search for enhancement requests.  Searching by ENH-000130292 just finds this post.

0 Kudos
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

@PaulCone2,

I'm assuming you're looking for map labelling of specific features? 

If so, this capability is built into our next release which will be available in the next few weeks. 

0 Kudos
PaulCone2
Occasional Contributor III

That's great news -- thank you!  I'd be happy to beta test but I haven't heard of any sort of beta testing opportunties around Insights, even though I went to the Lab and signed up for the User and Advisory Group.  I hope to hear more about those soon! 

0 Kudos