Can I publishing my own boundaries data?

Jump to solution
05-10-2017 12:34 PM
WellingtonChristian_Rodrigues_
Esri Contributor

Hi everybody,

As following the instructions in this https://server.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/configure-boundary-layers.htm, I could publish the USA_boundaries and WOR_Boundaries with success.
I would like to publish a specific data with sub sectors of a police agence in Brazil, and using it with Insihts aggregation funcionality.

So when a try to publish my .sd data I've got the following error:

C:\ArcGIS\Portal\tools\publishboundarylayers>publishboundarylayers --folder "D:\DIR\BaseMap_DF" --files BRA_Boundaries --url https://noteimg369.img.local/portal --username xxxx --password xxxxx

Uploading BRA_Boundaries.sd in Portal...
Publishing the service BRA_Boundaries...
Unable to publish item.
This Item 'ed7c04921f0b41ceb11e16133d0a91e3' can't be published to Online Servic
e
Error: An error has occurred trying to publish this item.
0 services were successfully published.

The question is:

Can I publish my own .sd data as a boundarie layer?
Is there any settings that a should do for a sucessful .sd publishing?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Wellington,

I've attempted this very same workflow with a custom .SD file and added this to a folder in the Portal machine and ran the Publish Boundary Layers tools from Portal in command line. It publishes the SD file as a hosted feature layer to Portal, however, it doesn't appear in Insights v1.2.1 as a geography in a workbook and it seems this is not officially supported. 

So, this enhancement was logged at version 1.1. 

ENH-000104159 - Support non-Esri boundary layers to be used as geographies in Insights for ArcGIS workbooks.

Thanks,

Aravind

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Wellington,

I've attempted this very same workflow with a custom .SD file and added this to a folder in the Portal machine and ran the Publish Boundary Layers tools from Portal in command line. It publishes the SD file as a hosted feature layer to Portal, however, it doesn't appear in Insights v1.2.1 as a geography in a workbook and it seems this is not officially supported. 

So, this enhancement was logged at version 1.1. 

ENH-000104159 - Support non-Esri boundary layers to be used as geographies in Insights for ArcGIS workbooks.

Thanks,

Aravind

WellingtonChristian_Rodrigues_
Esri Contributor

Hi Aravind

Thank you for your answer.

Regards

Wellington

0 Kudos