Calculate field using filtered data time range

08-17-2022 05:18 PM
Aurora
by
New Contributor

I have a table of emergency response records and I am hoping to find Unit Hour Utilization rates based off of predefined filtered time frames or temporal time frames.

Can Insights see that I have chosen a date range and then use the amount of time (let's say days) within that range in a formula to calculate the utilization rate?

Included image may better explain what my team is after.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor
Hi Aurora,
I guess a dev would need to verify this, but I think if you set a date filter for the range using a predefined date filter, then make a summary table and calculate the utilization rates in the summary table you should be able to change the chosen range and have the rates change as well. You can make a graph or kpi off the summary table calculated field.
Regards,
Laura
0 Kudos
Aurora
by
New Contributor

I think your solution would work if my table had 1 record per day, but my table has multiple records per day.

I am aiming to extract the number of days within the filtered date range, so I think I need something like the DateDiff function for the filter?

0 Kudos
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

@Aurora -

For your workflow, could you first find the average for each day using the Summary Table and then find the average of the result dataset?

If I'm understanding your use case, this would then give you the appropriate utilization rate based on whatever time range you select.

0 Kudos