Select to view content in your preferred language

Search bar in Insights Map Card

06-26-2018 08:33 PM
BrittanyDahl2
Occasional Contributor

Please add an address search bar on the Insights page or within the Map Card itself in Insights for ArcGIS. 

A few of our users want to be able to search (using something similar to the search widget found in the ArcGIS Online & Portal web map or web app builder - see below), and use this to zoom into to a particular location:

Image result for arcgis online search bar

Please add search functionality into Insights for ArcGIS!

Currently there is only functionality to filter, not search addresses using the Esri World Geo-coder. 

Image result for arcgis insights map card

6 Comments
TrafficOpsGIS

5 Years later, any updates?

AkshayHarshe

@TrafficOpsGIS  Thanks for reviving this with your comment. Can you please share a use case so that I can understand the need further and take it for further consideration?

In most cases when using ArcGIS Insights, visualization on the maps shows a holistic view of the analysis which can be filtered and cross-filtered by other cards to narrow them down. The locator box to search and address is seldom needed in these scenarios. 

ChelseaRozek

@AkshayHarshe I'm making a property sales workbook. My users want to be able to find an address quickly so they can see the sales around that property.

AkshayHarshe

@ChelseaRozek I think a Filter (2023.3) or predefined filter (<2023.3) widget on the address field would be your way forward. The filter has a search bar on the top where users can search.

AkshayHarshe_0-1703261113559.png

You can find the filter widget here: 

AkshayHarshe_1-1703261142754.png

Let me know if that helps

ChelseaRozek

Hi @AkshayHarshe, I haven't been able to try out the new filter capabilities, but as it's a filter, I assume it wouldn't have the flexible capabilities of an address locator and would only search on the exact string, so it would only be a temporary workaround. I'm still hoping for a built-in search box that can use a geocoding service.

AkshayHarshe

@ChelseaRozek I see the need, I will take it up to our leads to see if we can consider this. Thanks.