Thin Indoor Pathways failed to execute (CalculateField)

Jump to solution
09-27-2022 04:55 AM
MappyIan
Occasional Contributor II

Having successfully created PrelimPathways and PreliminTransitions I'm trying to run the Thin Indoor Pathways tool but it keeps failing with the following error:

ERROR 000539: Invalid field PrelimTransitions.LEVEL_ID

thin indoor pathways error.png

The final section of the message stack is as follows:

Processing level: 05
Adding points as locations from Units_2022_09_27_102252
Adding points as locations from Places
Adding points as locations from Exits_2022_09_27_102257
Adding points as locations from PrelimTransitions_Points_Start
Adding points as locations from PrelimTransitions_Points_End
Solving level ED.CENTRAL.0335.05
Solving took 31.23 seconds.
Copying features from network sources.
Repairing geometry and deleting identical pathway features.
Deleting intermediate data.
Joining back attributes.
ERROR 180212: Unable to thin input pathways.
ERROR 000539: Invalid field PrelimTransitions.LEVEL_ID
Failed to execute (CalculateField).
Failed script (null)...
Failed to execute (ThinIndoorPathways).
Failed at 27 September 2022 11:06:14 (Elapsed Time: 43 minutes 38 seconds)

The PrelimTransitions attribute table doesn't have a LEVEL_ID field and I've not modified the table structure at all so its never had that field.  I'm at a loss to know why it's failing.

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonHineEsri
New Contributor III

Hi Ian! Sorry you're experiencing this; thank you for sharing the screenshots and the version of Pro -- very helpful!

At ArcGIS Pro 3.0 the schema for the Pathways and PrelimPathways feature classes were enhanced to include a LEVEL_ID field, to support floor filtering of pathway features in maps and scenes. If the Indoors network datasets were created using a previous version of ArcGIS Pro, the LEVEL_ID field will be missing, but can be added manually following the instructions found here

Hope this info helps!

Jason

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JasonHineEsri
New Contributor III

Hi Ian! Sorry you're experiencing this; thank you for sharing the screenshots and the version of Pro -- very helpful!

At ArcGIS Pro 3.0 the schema for the Pathways and PrelimPathways feature classes were enhanced to include a LEVEL_ID field, to support floor filtering of pathway features in maps and scenes. If the Indoors network datasets were created using a previous version of ArcGIS Pro, the LEVEL_ID field will be missing, but can be added manually following the instructions found here

Hope this info helps!

Jason

MappyIan
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @JasonHineEsri, many thanks for the prompt reply.  I re-created the PrelimPathways layer and then ran 'Thin Indoor Pathways' and it completed without error.

0 Kudos
MarkusBellinghoff
New Contributor II

Hi @JasonHineEsri! I am getting the same error message as Ian, but a LEVEL_ID field is already present in my PrelimPathways.

MarkusBellinghoff_0-1665151167679.png

MarkusBellinghoff_1-1665151962605.png

I'm a little confused because the error message refers to an invalid LEVEL_ID field in PrelimTransitions (not PrelimPathways). Here I wouldn't know how to populate such a field because the transitions refer to multiple levels.

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1. 

Any hints would be very appreciated.

Markus

0 Kudos
SFrank
by
New Contributor II

Hi @MarkusBellinghoff, sorry for the belated reply. I'm curious if you modified your transitions prior to running Thin Indoor Pathways (say, to create a landing between floors or similar)? If so, and additional vertices now exist between levels, it would cause this error at Pro 3.0. The workaround if you've already created your transitions features is to re-create transitions features but don't modify them to create inter-level features yet (you could copy the existing ones to a scratch feature class to preserve them if necessary) and run Thin Indoor Pathways. Then make updates as necessary, such as creating your landings between levels.

0 Kudos