Microsoft Workspaces declining booking request

03-20-2023 10:15 AM
TomasL44
New Contributor III

Hello,

We have Indoors configured to use M365 as the booking mechanism and when a room is configured to be a "Workspace" in M365 our booking requests give the below reply. The booking is added to my calendar as a booked workspace though. We have other spaces where we do not get this error and when I asked our M365 admin to see how the two were different he said the ones that work without issue are configured to be conference rooms and the ones giving the declined email reply are configured as Workspaces.

Does anyone have any idea what I may be doing incorrectly on my side for this auto-reply to be sent when requesting a reservation against these Workspace rooms? See below for the body of the email I receive.  

Your meeting request was declined.

Spaces can not be booked as attendees: 'B944 R200 Q-1 Hotel'; Location: 'B944, 200'.

Sent by Microsoft 365

ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal 11.0

M365

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @TomasL44 .. thanks for posting. Can you please confirm:

- You are referring to the 'Workspace' as it appears in Room Finder in Outlook (see screenshot below)?

- The workspace booking goes through without any issues when done inside of Outlook?

GauravJobanputra_0-1679335156613.png

0 Kudos
TomasL44
New Contributor III

@GauravJobanputra This is correct. It is a Workspace in Outlook Room Finder. Also correct, when making a reservation in Outlook, it goes through just fine. 

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Thanks for confirming @TomasL44 .. Does this happen in Indoor Viewer (web) or Indoors mobile or both?

0 Kudos
TomasL44
New Contributor III

@GauravJobanputra It happens in Web and the mobile app shows an error saying "Could not confirm your booking. Tap 'Retry' to try again." 

When I tap retry it says I already have an existing booking during the specific date and time...meaning the prior attempt was successful even though it threw an error.

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Thank you for confirming. I'll post an update soon.

0 Kudos
TomasL44
New Contributor III

Thanks @GauravJobanputra . Yes, this is very peculiar. To add another clue, I checked the meeting that ended up getting added to my calendar and realized the room is in fact declining the invite.

TomasL44_0-1679418058385.png

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @TomasL44 I tried this today with the help of our M365 team who created new 'workspace' mailboxes for me to test and it worked as expected. My requests were accepted. Can you post a screenshot from Azure where it clearly shows the 'workspace' and 'conference' mailboxes configuration so I can match it against what I have on my end?

0 Kudos