Indoors quality assessment guide/checklist

07-02-2021 05:26 AM
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

I am looking for a specific (pdf) document that aims to help with evaluating the CAD data for the use with ArcGIS Indoors. The document was shared somewhere by Esri within the last five months, but I can´t recall where I stumbled upon this document. I think it was written by someone at Esri R&D Zürich as a best practice checklist (as part of a proof of concept, internship or similar project). It was similar to the "ArcGIS Indoors Cookbook", but more focused on what to look out for in the CAD Data to assess the quality. There were screenshots on the right hand side of the document, accompanied by a text on the left.

If you have an idea, what document I am referring to, I´d appreciate your reply.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hi Simon,

I have attached a PDF that was created over a year ago. Is this what you were looking for? The information in this document is going to be incorporated in the ArcGIS Indoors documentation for upcoming version 2.9 release of ArcGIS Pro.

- Gaurav

SimonSchütte_ct

Hi Gaurav,

thank you for sharing the guide, it is pretty close to what I was looking for! 
I am sure there is another guide shared as a side note in a blog post by Esri somewhere, which was not based on the Esri campus dataset. It had 2d drawings more cad plan examples for the production
standards and problems to look out for. I´ll keep looking and share it when I find it.

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct

@GauravJobanputra The "Four page CAD/BIM Data Evaluation Report" I was looking for was mentioned in the Internal 3D Webinar for Partners on May 11. "Developed by the team around Bo Rick" - Where do I find this PDF?

0 Kudos
ImtiyazPasha1
New Contributor II

Hi Simon,

Kindly share with me if you found the Four page "CAD/BIM Data Evaluation Report".

Imtiyaz

0 Kudos