Indoor Positioning

03-02-2021 04:51 AM
Joshua_Porzler
New Contributor

Hello,

during my Bachelor Thesis I will realize an IPS at my campus. I use ArcGIS Indoors with BLE Beacons and the Measurement Tool from indoo.rs.

For finding your position and to update the position in ArcGIS Indoors, you have to activate Bluetooth and GPS. Older Android versions, like Android 9 don´t need GPS.

The smartphones and tablets with Android 10 have the problem, that the position will jump from the correct floor to 4th floor. (I started my recordings on 4th floor.) My smartphone with Android 9 does not have this problem.

I think, that the tool "GPS Fallback" in the Measurement Tool sound correct for solving this problem, but it does not. The Inbound and Outbound Zones do not work to. Probably the GPS signal causes the jump to 4th floor, if the signal is bad.

If I use my device with Android 9, I can see, that the output of the recodings is good. (only with Bluetooth use)

How can I solve the problem, that the GPS signal is only considered if there is no connection to a BLE beacon?

Thank you,
Joshua

2 Replies
hersingerpetter
New Contributor II

Hello! Where you able to solve this? I am encountering a similiar problem. 🙂

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

@hersingerpetter the above post refers to indoo.rs IPS which is no longer active. Are you using ArcGIS IPS with Bluetooth beacons? If yes, then can you explain the issue you are facing and also the version of Android or iOS that you are on?

0 Kudos