Select to view content in your preferred language

Connect buildings indoors and transitions

a month ago
AnninaHirschiWyss
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I have a question about "best practices" for updating pathways and transitions.

My campus contains several buildings connecting on different levels indoors (not leaving the buildings outside), either via doors, but also on open gangways and spaces. Two buildings are even connected via transitions (elevator/stairways).

For now, I connect them manually (the prelim pathways do unfortunately not connect automatically between units/levels in different buildings), but now I wonder what happens if I have to update my floorplans and with that the pathways network.

I guess my changes will be overwritten (for the selected levels) using the GP Tools (create/thin) and I will have to do the edits again? Or is there a way to keep the pathways connected between the buildings?

Concerning edited stairs, I think I will have to uncheck "delete existing transitions" and then remove the new "duplicates" and check if the old ones still connect to the (prelim-)pathways? Or is there a way to keep the existing and NOT create new ones on the existing locations?

Thanks very much for sharing your experience and grateful for any input 😉

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnninaHirschiWyss
Occasional Contributor II

For the moment no automated method here... connecting pathway vertices by hand 😕 in ArcGIS Pro (I cannot edit CAD/Revit data). That's why I'm asking...

Wonder if I should create an idea/enhancement request for these situations.

0 Kudos