ArcGIS Indoors - Level Rocker to Open by Default

07-02-2020 06:55 AM
LukeCooper
New Contributor

Hi, 

Ive been looking at the Redlands Demo Project and Ive found that the webmap opens automatically to L1 in the building, which is great. My Indoors models works perfectly however the default view always needs you to click on the facility first before you get the level/range rocker to pop out. Where can I find this configuration?

Also follow up question any option to also open to a default map rotation, my building inst a blessed as the esri campus and aligned pretty much with north.

Thanks,

Luke

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Luke,

You can modify the web map that the indoors app uses to have an extent that showcases the building you would like to have the focus on.  The indoors web apps will use this extent by default when they first load in a browser. In addition, you can set the transparency of the facilities layer so the floor plan will always show through it, even up to 100% for a completely transparent facility polygon.  Extent and facility layer transparency can either be set in ArcGIS Pro prior to sharing the map with your portal or in the portal map viewer.  Be sure to remember to save your changes to the map if you modify it in the portal map viewer. 

Unfortunately, the map rotation is a bit of a sticky point.  Map rotation can be set in the map properties in ArcGIS Pro, but the map rotation will not be honored in the web map viewer after sharing it from ArcGIS Pro.  It will subsequently not be honored by the ArcGIS Indoors app templates on page load.  This is a known issue and we are working with the appropriate teams to get this fixed as soon as possible.  As you have probably seen, you can interactively update the map rotation in the indoors web app with the rotation arrows or by right-clicking on the map and dragging the mouse.

Finally, you can have the app open to a particular building by utilizing the "Share" capability.  Open the application and click on the desired building to activate it.  Once the info card for the building is open, click on the "Share" action and copy the URL to the clipboard.  Paste that URL into a new browser tab and the app will load with that building activated and the floor filter open.

Cheers,

Jeff

0 Kudos