Select to view content in your preferred language

Mosaic by attribute problems

06-01-2010 10:03 AM
FrancoCilliers
New Contributor
Hi all

I have two raster datasets that are from 2009 and 2004. Their resolutions differ.
I want to overlay the 2009 photo's over the 2004 photo's. The urban part of the city is captured with 2009 and the rural area largely by the 2004 photo's. Currently some of the 2009 photos are overlapped by the 2004 photo's. I am trying to use the mosaic by attribute method but it is not working. I have a test area I am using and have changed the values in the Disporder field and told the system to look at this field for the order, but it is not working.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor
Using DispOrder overrides the mosaic method. Mosaic Method is only applied to records where the dispOrder is 0. To force images in a speciifc order set the disp order to a lower (negative value). IE set -1 for the 2009 and -2 for the 2005 images.
The MosaicMethod should also work. For example if you have a field called year, set the be Mosic Method to ByAttribute, set the Field to be Year and the Base value to be say 3000. Images should be ordered closest to year 3000 so long as they are in scale. Double check that the MaxPS values enable the 2009 imagery to be displayed at the smaller scales.
0 Kudos