Select to view content in your preferred language

Image service published from a layer file shows as block colours

12-16-2013 04:48 AM
DeeO_Driscoll
New Contributor
Hi There,
I have a mosaic dataset of bathymetry data, I'd like to publish it as an image service with a continuous colour range.  I've tried adding a colourmap using the mosaic function but I just get an error to say "The function could not be inserted.  The input or output arguments are invalid."

So to get around this I brought the mosaic into an Arcmap document and applied a colour range here and saved it as a lyr file.  I've then published the layer file.  This is fine except when I bring it into my Flex viewer as a layer sometimes it displays with the continuous colour ramp that I created and other times it displays as a single block colour.  Also it no longer has the dpeths as pixel values, they're now RGB values and I'd like to retain the pixel values.

If anyone else has any suggestions on how I can publish the mosaic as an image service with a continuous colour ramp and the pixel values retained in the Flex viewer I would appreciate the help!
Thanks and regards.
Dee
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor
1.       Bring the mosaic dataset to ArcMap, and pick the correct renderer, the on the upper right of the symbology page, save it as a function template
2.       Publish the mosaic dataset as an image service, in service editor, use the function tab and provide this function template
3.       Invoke the function in your client viewer. When performing identify, do not use rendering rule so you can get original values.

For the single uniform block color it is posisble that the source rasters in the mosaic dataset are not accessible by the arcsoc account.
JohnMiller
New Contributor
Peter what you have told will really help Dee to get the type of image he want as I would also have given him the same solution if you have not given.
optimize" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://webeminence.com/optimizing-images-resize-for-website... images