Tile Imagery Layer - not an option to create

02-01-2022 01:08 PM
Labels (1)
KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

Hello- I am just getting started with the ArcGIS Imagery for ArcGIS online Pilot today and the first thing I want to do is create a Tile Imagery Layer, but it is grayed out and only Dynamic Imagery Layer is selectable. What am I missing?

Thanks-
Kate

0 Kudos
12 Replies
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello Kate, It might be that you have not been assign permision in the User role to "Publish hosted tile imagery layers"

See: the following diagram which is found under the Edit Roles:

GordonSumerling_0-1643751532041.png

Cheers

Gordon

sshelbypm
Esri Contributor

Hi Kate - Do you have the privilege to create a Tiled Imagery Layer? You might need to check with the administrator of your organization to see if you have been grated that privilege.

KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip, I do now. Do you know, does this role permission only apply to users assigned the ArcGIS Imagery for ArcGIS Online license?

Best-
Kate

0 Kudos
KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

I just answered my own question, that appears to be so. 

Kate

0 Kudos
KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

That's it, thank you!

Kate

0 Kudos
AmyWork3
New Contributor III

We just encountered the same issue. Would be great to know that it's not just enabling the license, but that there is another permission that also needs to be enabled. 

DeepUppal
New Contributor II

As an Admin, are there additional privileges that I need to activate Arc Image for ArcGIS Online..? 

0 Kudos
sshelbypm
Esri Contributor

The Admin will need to create a custom role to enable:

Create Imagery Layers:

1) Publish hosted tiled imagery layers

2) Publish hosted dynamic imagery layers

Enable Imagery Analysis

1) Publish Hosted Feature Layers

2) Imagery Analysis

More information can be found here: https://www.esri.com/content/dam/esrisites/en-us/media/pdf/implementation-guides/arcgis-image-online...

DeepUppal
New Contributor II

-but if I AM the admin, -specifically that is my role... how do I create and inhabit two roles (admin and the custom one you are referring to)? 

Or would I have to enable additional privileges on my admin role..? -because I dont see that as an available option..?

0 Kudos