Taking images offline in Field Maps

Jump to solution
12-22-2021 03:48 PM
GWaltersOZ
New Contributor III

Hi,

We are doing some simple requirement testing against ArcGIS Image Online and we can't seem to get the images to be available offline.

Are we missing something or does this functionality not exist yet?

Thanks in advance,

Gareth

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
sshelbypm
Esri Contributor

Hi Gareth - ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online does not offer that type of offline functionality. However, we will be adding some export/download capabilities in 2021.

Shea

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
sshelbypm
Esri Contributor

Hello Milton - As of March this year, we do now offer that functionality. See the documentation below.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/use-hosted-layers.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_7731E3F17AF6...

Thanks!

Shea

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sshelbypm
Esri Contributor

Hi Gareth - ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online does not offer that type of offline functionality. However, we will be adding some export/download capabilities in 2021.

Shea

0 Kudos
GWaltersOZ
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply @sshelbypm, I'm glad to know that, but you only have 7 days to get it done 🙂

Is there a roadmap available for ArcGIS Image Online? We are trying to really drive adoption of imagery use in the field for our mining activities and being able to support that witin AGOL would be fantastic.

I guess for now we need to investigate ArcGIS Image Dedicated for offline map services. We have Image Server, but we are trying to look at removing it if we can and provide SaaS operations where possible.

Thanks again,

Gareth

0 Kudos
sshelbypm
Esri Contributor

Good catch! I meant 2022 🙂

While I am unable to give too much information on the ArcGIS Image Online roadmap, we are aiming for Q1 of 2022 for the ability to export TPKs and Geotiffs. 

For complete offline capabilities (among many other capabilities), ArcGIS Image Dedicated would be a great option, as you would be able to publish directly to ArcGIS Online from Image Dedicated.

Shea

0 Kudos
MiltonSolano
Occasional Contributor

Hi Folks,

How's the road map for the ArcGIS Image layers capabilities to be taken off-line? We're on the Q3 2022 and nothing yet. I just published a hosted Tiled Imagery Layer and the option to "Allow this layer to be downloaded and used in an offline map" is not available.

It seems I have to continue using regular Tiled Layer in order to have this functionality for my field crews.

Milton

0 Kudos
sshelbypm
Esri Contributor

Hello Milton - As of March this year, we do now offer that functionality. See the documentation below.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/use-hosted-layers.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_7731E3F17AF6...

Thanks!

Shea

0 Kudos
MiltonSolano
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @sshelbypm for the update, although this functionality is different from the standard workflow to allow and extract tiles for offline maps used in Tiled layers.  The new workflow requires to create a Tile package ahead of time. No option to extract specific tiles at moment's notice, just like the regular tiled layers does.

Is good to know it can be done but it would be great if imagery layers share the same workflow as the tiled layers for taking offline tiles.

Milton

0 Kudos