When downloading a filtered dataset to a spreadsheet, the Open Data portal does not honor subsequent filter selections after the initial filter is requested.

09-16-2015 09:58 AM
HeathBrackett1
Occasional Contributor II

I thought I'd give people a heads-up about this issue.  Placing it here may help get the bug resolved quickly.  BUG-000090716

The download a filtered spreadsheet feature of Open Data Portal has a major bug.  Once a filtered spreadsheet has been requested, all subsequent filtered spreadsheet requests return the same dataset regardless of the user making the request and the type of filter.  This causes serious distrust in our ability to provide valuable services to our user community.  This bug needs to be fixed ASAP.  We don't have the luxury of waiting until the next Open Data Portal release.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Can you please post the dataset you are seeing this issue for?

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

We have confirmed your issue and applied a fix. We will now test it and get it released in the next 24 hours. I'll update this post when the issue is resolve in production.

We are deeply sorry for the issue. Thank you for bringing it to our attention here.

0 Kudos
HeathBrackett1

Thank you Daniel,

We are giving a demo of the application tomorrow morning.  It would wonderful to know that we can demonstrate the filtered spreadsheet capabilities of the Open Data Portal.  Please let me know as soon as the hot fix is released.

Heath

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

We expect our fix to go out tonight. I'll let you know when its released.

0 Kudos
HeathBrackett1

Fantastic!  Very much appreciated.

0 Kudos