Warning: Query performance on layer is suboptimal and will impact user experience.

08-05-2016 03:29 PM
deleted-user-jJGKz_pZF6jT
New Contributor II

Any help on why this warning is appearing?

Thanks!

4 Replies
BrendanBladdick3
Esri Contributor

BUG-000096814: The warning, “Query performance on layer is suboptimal and will impact user experience” appears in the Data Manager tab for items added from ArcGIS for Server, even if performance is adequate and other identical items do not have the same warning.

The warning may spawn due to how the Feature Service was added as an item in ArcGIS Online:

• Entire Feature Service .../FeatureServer (Error appears more this way)
  • Individual Feature Layer .../FeatureServer/0

Be aware that when adding the Individual Feature Layer, the description, tags, and thumbnail are not populated automatically.

Unless you or other users are seeing performance issues then this warning can be ignored.

YvesLeger
Occasional Contributor

I just wanted to let you know that I am also getting this warning, but my items were published from ArcMap 10.3.1, not from ArcGIS for Server.

BrendanBladdick3
Esri Contributor

yvesle‌ "items added form ArcGIS for Server" simply means any service from ArcGIS Server (no matter where it was published from)

0 Kudos
VanessaPocock
New Contributor III

This document on ArcGIS Hub: Data manager—ArcGIS Hub | ArcGIS 

States that "query performance warnings appear when the service takes longer than 1500 milliseconds to respond to a simple count query."

So this could be a just a general warning.