Just realised I probably should submit my question in this form.
I feel like the username display is not consistent in hub pages. Is there any setting to change this? For example, hide username from Hub search results?
After setting the user "Profile visibility" to "Organization" only.
When a public user viewing the open data details, it will show as "Private Member" from "Private Organization"; but in the search result, it still exposes the username to public.
Hi Brandon, I am having a similar issue, at least I think it is. We have a separate user for datasets that we share with our Open Data site, https://open-data.bouldercolorado.gov/
For a handful if items, when I look at the item from AGOL, the user is correct (BoulderCO):
But when viewing this item in our Open Data site, my name keeps coming up as the user:
Furthermore, this happens for a handful of datasets that I've touched recently but am not the owner (the owner is BoulderCO).
These datasets appear as "feature services" in Open Data search, rather than as "feature layers", and open in Open Data as a Map Feature Service (see the "maps" in this URL below; this is NOT how I want them to open):
This next link is how I want the Open Data item to open/appear. Note "datasets" in the URL vs "maps" in the one above.
Both of these Open Data items come from different layers of the same ArcGIS Server map service:
I double-checked to see if my profile visibility was set to "Organization", as in your screen shot above, and it is.
I'm so confused!
Hi @JenniferSherry thanks for raising the mis-appropriation of the item owner. I see the OSMP Trailheads dataset is owned by BoulderCO (user is not public) yet is being attributed to SherJ1_Boulder (user is not public). It could be the case of a stale index, we'll investigate on our side.
On the open view state, we normally prioritize the more immersive view if the data is geospatial (which is the case here). I'm not certain why this single-layer feature service isn't opening to the desired route but will log an issue to investigate.
Hi @BrianRollinson, that's interesting that you mention a stale index. That was one of my thoughts about this issue as well. To troubleshoot, in an effort to try to flush these wonky items from the index, I have tried to remove them from being shared with our open data site for more than 24 hours. When I reshare them, they appear temporarily with the correct BoulderCO user, but within the next 24 hours the user reverts back to me.
Hope that helps as you troublshoot.
Hi again @BrianRollison , I'm wondering if you've had any further insight into this idea of a stale index? We also have an internal Hub site, and are experiencing some of the same issues that I mentioned above with our public-facing Open Data site. Is there a way for us to refresh the index of these sites?
@JenniferSherryapologies for the delay on this issue.
Our team has taken another look at your particular issue, and we suspect that there's an easy fix if you try un-sharing and re-sharing the OSMP Trailheads layer. We have found a bug where server information isn't updating properly for Map Server layers that are shared as individual items to a Hub site. Give this a try and let me know if it's still a problem.
Additionally, you can tell Hub to manually check for updates to an item or items in the content group through edit mode. To do this, navigate to the Content Library and click the "more" menu (...) and click "Check for Content Updates". This will tell Hub to check for updates on all content in the content group. You can perform a similar action for individual items by navigating to their Item Details page (.../<id>/edit), and click "Check for Item Updates" under the more menu there.
Thanks, Brian. Idea submitted. I do feel this is more like a design bug instead of a new function request. If a user chooses its profile visible only within the organisation, then it shouldn't be viewable through any public interface.