Unable to add external groups to Hub site

Jump to solution
10-12-2021 06:44 AM
GJY
by
New Contributor III

In the Groups manager for my Hub sites, we can no longer add groups belonging to any organization but my own.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

GregYoung2_0-1634046225495.png

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

@GJYThe "Open Data" option is an agreement that the content can be federated.

The Group Manager filter options in the group manager have not changed for several years. If you check the "Open Data" option, you'll be able to disable the "My Organization" option. This is set up so that only groups with the "Open Data" setting is enabled, regardless if the group is in your organization or another organization.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

@GJYThe "Open Data" option is an agreement that the content can be federated.

The Group Manager filter options in the group manager have not changed for several years. If you check the "Open Data" option, you'll be able to disable the "My Organization" option. This is set up so that only groups with the "Open Data" setting is enabled, regardless if the group is in your organization or another organization.

GJY
by
New Contributor III

@ThomasHervey1 thank you!  Such a simple thing.  We have not really changed our groups around for a couple years.  Perhaps this changed when Hub started allowing you to use any group from your org, not just open data groups?  Regardless, you have solved this problem for us, thanks.

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi,

That's most likely correct. Several years back, customers were required enable Open Data on a group before it could be added to a site. We've since moved away from that pattern and allow for more relaxed sharing methods.

0 Kudos