Sites Gallery icons and order

10-28-2020 01:27 PM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

I am setting up a Sites in Portal via Enterprise 10.7.1 and I have inserted a gallery of Pages associated with my site and set it display as icons.  Is there a way to change the icon.  I found a way how to modify the thumbnails individually.  But I want to use icons on this and I don't want them all the same icon.  In addition is there a way to order the gallery so it goes in alphabetical order?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Lindsey Stone - thanks for reaching out, let's pull apart your two issues...

1. Setting a Gallery Sort - this was made available to Online customers late-February so should be available for Enterprise 10.8.1
  2. Modify Icons Individually - this is not possible today, but I'll make a note on the backlog a desire to customize per content icons...this would likely require setting the Gallery Card to "Manual" mode in the future...you can "workaround" this by setting the item thumbnail as you'd like in the home app, in this case you won't be limited to the pre-supplied icon thumbnails
LindseyStone

Thanks Brian!

Please do recommend the ability to individually set the icons.  Otherwise I think there is no point to have an icon if they are all the same.  Maybe there could be spot in the item details and set it there just like you do the thumbnail.

AlexShubra
New Contributor II

Just Upgraded to 10.8.1.  was this ever implemented?

0 Kudos
LindseyStone

The sort order was implemented.  However, the ability to change the icons I haven't found a way to do so in 10.8.1

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP
MVP

Any word on the icon modification? I am trying to link to different site pages from my main site and I can't use map image cards for that.

0 Kudos
BethanyLamb
New Contributor II

I'd also like to add my name to the request for using the pre-supplied icon images for use if we choose 'Use Icons' as the image. Thanks!