Search box showing white text and white background?

Jump to solution
10-25-2021 07:06 AM
Alex-Santos
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I'm having a small issue with our hub site where the search box's text and background are both white. I haven't made any changes to the theme nor do I have custom CSS so I'm not sure how this began. Similar issue with the top navigation search box. Where in the hub site settings do I fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

The search card is currently pulling colors from the Header Text Color and the Header Background Color. Try adjusting those and then follow @ABishop 's comment.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@Alex-Santos 

Under your hub "Theme" settings, try adjusting the "Button Background Color" or the "Body Background Color".  Sometimes these settings change depending on changes or upgrades done by ESRI to this solution.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
Alex-Santos
Occasional Contributor

Hey thanks. I thought those might be it too. I changed them around but still finding the same issue. I checked row settings too.

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Since the search bar falls within the global navigation, you'll want to adjust the Global Nav Text Color setting under Customize > Theme.

Alex-Santos
Occasional Contributor

I set the global nav text color to black and global background to white. This resolved the global navigation. The search card still has the same issue.

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Try saving, publishing, exiting, then clearing your browser cache.  Sometimes this helps in updating settings.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

The search card is currently pulling colors from the Header Text Color and the Header Background Color. Try adjusting those and then follow @ABishop 's comment.