Removing hub pages from ArcGIS HUB catalog altogether or from the documents section

Jump to solution
07-12-2020 02:01 AM
RobertSpál1
New Contributor III

Hi there, we have a couple of documents stored in the ArcGIS HUB catalog along with the hub pages. Is there any way we could remove these hub pages from the catalog so they don't show up? Is there any way around the problem - showing documents but not hub pages? Is there any way to remove hub pages from the catalog altogether? It's just messing with the users. Thanks a lot!

Take care

Rob

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

The goal is to remove this automatic addition to search results in Q3 2021.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your feedback.

Soon we will be working on moving Hub pages out of the documents collection and into the initiatives collection (which will be renamed and include sites and pages). My suggestion is that once we've migrated pages to the initiatives collection that you turn off the visibility for the initiatives collection. That way users cannot see Hub pages under the documents collection (or any other collection unless they search the 'All' collection).

There isn't a way to remove hub pages from the catalog entirely. I understand that this isn't completely intuitive, so we also have work planned for the fall to let admins configure what collections appear in the content library search and live search (by toggling on/off collections). 

0 Kudos
RobertSpál1
New Contributor III

Hi Thomas,

thank you for your reply. That's great to hear! It's exactly what we would need.

I would like to ask one more question though. Do you plan to allow uploads of zip files that have other formats than AGOL accepts? E.g. we have a zip file that contains pdf and .sav files and we are able to upload them to the data portal but only as a csv collection or any other options AGOL allows for. This, however, would be misleading as our zip doesn't contain CSV collection or any other format offered. Are there any plans to allow for just plain .zip file to be uploaded without the need to specify what is inside?

PS. You are doing superb work with the HUB and saved our city a lot of pains! (and money)

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Rob

0 Kudos
SimonGIS
New Contributor III

@ThomasHervey1 - it would still appear that there is no ability to restrict Hub pages from appearing in the search results.  What is the ETA for this?

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

The goal is to remove this automatic addition to search results in Q3 2021.

RyanSwift
New Contributor

@ThomasHervey1Wanted to check in on this solution. This was the most relevant post I could find about Hub pages appearing in a search. We're in Q3 of 2022, and I'm not seeing the "initiatives" collection in my Hub sites. Was this implemented or is there another way to fix? The way we have planned out our Hub site is to make the data and apps searchable, but use the pages only for navigation (not searching). And if a person searches and gets data and a page, it's extra unnecessary search results in this particular Hub site.

0 Kudos
DPT
by
New Contributor II

Until now I still don't see an option to remove the hub pages from the document section?

0 Kudos
DPT
by
New Contributor II

Oh I figured it out. I can delete them from content library.