"Found In" on dataset details page show incorrect links

03-01-2017 11:31 AM
RicardoClarke
New Contributor II

I'm almost done rolling out our Open Data 2.0 site but see where the dataset details page show incorrect links under the "Found in" section. (See screencap attachment). Essentially the tags/links under "found in" are all wrong except for the last one- (Monterey County Open Data- Copy). The first 5 sites are all completely random, have no relation to the data and are also "dumb" sites that offer no function whatever. Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?

Appreciate any help on identifying a fix for this as it's showing up on all our datasets!

Here's the URL for the development site: 

http://montereycountyopendata-12017-01-13t232948815z-montereyco.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/d75d27b... 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RicardoClarke
New Contributor II

So I finally got the issue resolved with the help of an ESRI tech. Essentially you need to "update indexing" for the open data site with the wrong "found in" tag information. You can do a soft update (organization's open data page>"data" tab>click "update index"). If this doesn't work then a hard reset of the site is the next step. To do this follow the steps below:

1) From ArcGIS Online open the group designated as open data (In case of multiple groups, follow these steps for all the groups)>Edit.
2) Make group private from public>Save>Refresh page>Edit>Make Group Public again>Check the'Designate as available for use in Open Data sites'> Save>Refresh page.
3) Open Group Manager page of the site from Admin page of Open data site>Select the open data group again.
 *** Note, both methods might take some time to take effect- meaning the tag changes on the data-sets can be slow to show up, so be patient  ***

0 Kudos
DanMcCoy
Occasional Contributor III

Ricardo,

When you say that updating the index "might take some time to take effect", do you mean several minutes or more like hours?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
RicardoClarke
New Contributor II

Dan, in my case it took about 10mins for those "found in" tags to disappear from all the datasets. We have over 160 datasets, so I guess it might depend on how big your repository is!

0 Kudos
DanMcCoy
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the great tip.  I was having a possibly-related issue where datasets that had once belonged to the open data group (but were no longer shared with that group) were still showing up on the open data site.

The soft update did not work (I was wondering if it was just a matter of waiting long enough), but the "hard reset" steps you provided fixed it.  In our case, we just had a few datasets, so it took effect within seconds.

Dan

0 Kudos