Option to open gallery card apps in new tab WITHOUT Header

Jump to solution
07-01-2020 09:44 AM
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

I have need for opening applications in the Gallery card on Hub in a new tab - but it adds the Hub page header every time.  Most of these applications existed prior to us using Hub, and the header was not considered in the color choice and layout design of the apps.  It squishes things, and I'd like the option to not include the header.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Kara Shindle‌ you can turn off "App Page" in your site's settings to prevent applications from opening under your site's header.  You can find that setting by opening your site, switching it to edit, and doing the following...
1. In the left customize side panel, select "Settings"
2. Open "Interactions"
3. Turn OFF "App Page"
4. Save your site

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Kara Shindle‌ you can turn off "App Page" in your site's settings to prevent applications from opening under your site's header.  You can find that setting by opening your site, switching it to edit, and doing the following...
1. In the left customize side panel, select "Settings"
2. Open "Interactions"
3. Turn OFF "App Page"
4. Save your site

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Kara_Shindle

Thank you!  I'd have not realized that is what that is.  Some of the apps I wouldn't mind the option, so I don't know if I should modify this Idea post to include the ability to choose for each app. 

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Kara Shindle‌ interesting, definitely something we should consider.  I'll add a note to our backlog configuring the open behavior of individual content featured on a site/page.

0 Kudos
Kara_Shindle

Yes!  I would also like the ability to modify how the individual apps are displayed in the card or control the columns / rows and how many apps go in each - I had a page with 10 apps, so the first two rows in my page looked fine with the 5 apps thumbnails displaying properly, but the last two apps were resized, and it made the thumbnails not fit into the app box.  Took away the consistent look I was going for.  I had to split my gallery up, add the last two apps into their own gallery, and then put empty text boxes on either side to control how they were displaying so the thumbnails were fully displayed on each App card.

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Kara Shindle‌ using "manual mode" of the gallery card you can specify the display order of content you select; however, the card's the content is displayed within is highly responsive (what you are referencing).  I'll add a note about that display preference as well though.

0 Kudos
KevinMacLeodCAI
Occasional Contributor II

@BrianRollison  I am also still not getting this to work.  In unchecked everything in the app settings. Thoughts? I want web apps to open with the header or at least with out the large Side Panel, which seems to lack any way to close or minimize it. (If I could at least minimize it as a user that would be ok but I would rather jut not see it at all. And Users can use the browser Back button if they want to go back to the Hub)

KevinMacLeodCAI_0-1624539709277.png

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Hi @KevinMacLeodCAI -- when the "Embedded Apps" capability is turned off and you publish your changes then all "App" item types (such as Web Mapping Applications) should open outside of a Hub Site.  I've confirmed this is still the case on production, double-check to make sure you published changes.

Related to the side panel, we actively considering updates to the panel display.  You can minimize while viewing the app, web map, or dataset by selecting the "Info" icon on the right side of the panel.  Question for you, is having the panel closed by default unique to applications or something applicable to all content types (i.e. PDFs, Datasets, Maps, etc.)?

0 Kudos
AshleyHayes2
New Contributor III

Hi Brian, I am finding that changing my Interactions settings does not seem to make any difference for me.  My PDFs still open with header on the page and the PDF itself is in a very small window within that page.  I have confirmed that I have saved my changes and published.  Any suggestions?  

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

@AshleyHayes2 can you confirm you are using ArcGIS Hub and not Enterprise Sites?  The updated content views will not be available on Enterprise Sites until Enterprise 10.9.1.  If you are using ArcGIS Hub, can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

0 Kudos