Opendata api specification

05-09-2023 01:56 AM
Joep
by
New Contributor

I was wondering where the api specification for the opendata platform was located, I can't seem to find them and the general arcgis api specification doesn't seem to contain the opendata service.

I was able to find some endpoints by simply analyzing how the hub does its requests, but I am not sure whether these endpoints should be used or if they are just for use by the website.

Is there anyone that knows where I can find this api specification?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi @Joep 
Hub does not have any public-facing documentation for APIs because they are not intended for use by the public. With that said, we are expanding Hub Feeds in order to support civic developers and users who want to programmatically search and explore Hub site catalogs.

A few months back, we released a new public-facing API for exploring a site catalog. The API structure and results conform to the OGC API Records draft specification. You can explore this API and the SwaggerUI interface by navigating to the search page (<siteURL>/search) and select the RSS feed button on the left side. Within the modal, select "view" next to the OGC API Records link to see the SwaggerUI for that particular API endpoints.

In order to better serve our users, we're always looking for feedback. What would you like to accomplish with an API?

0 Kudos
Joep
by
New Contributor

Hello, thanks for the response @ThomasHervey1, we were looking into automating an import proces, importing it if there is a new version of a certain dataset, so we would need to check if there is a new version and we would need to be able to download it

0 Kudos