Oauth from parent (Hub Site) to Oauth in embedded Experience Builder (custom app)

08-23-2022 10:02 AM
ScottHiggins_PVGIS
New Contributor III

Hi,

We have a Hub Site, and the Hub Site is login based for access.

When a user logs in, there are also embedded, custom Experience Builder applications in the Menu tabs. 

The user logs in to the Hub Site, and are also asked to login or accept permissions every time they click on the menu tab, or click into a different tab and then back into the iframe-embed tab with the experience builder app. 

How can this double permission be handled best?

1. Hub Login

ScottHiggins_PVGIS_0-1661273891555.png

And then EVERYTIME the tab with the embedded custom experience builder app, user needs to set permissions:

ScottHiggins_PVGIS_1-1661274108179.png

How can OAuth for embedded Hub app be handled by the parent, the Hub Site credentials, so this permission only happens once?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kelly_G
New Contributor II

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am running into a similar issue where single sign-on set up with openID works to open Experience builder app, but will not authenticate to the hub site.

I saw tried adding some URL parameters, as specified in this link: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/embed-widget.htm 

but have been going in circles with Technical Support. I assume there is a quick solution that I am just missing so would appreciate any advice this community has.

0 Kudos