Now I've done it . . . I've lost the index to the content by deleting the content first?

Jump to solution
12-12-2014 07:36 AM
VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

How do I remove the orphaned index to content that is no longer there? Just to clarify, I need to delete the Open Data Index which still remains. The content was removed from the user, but the index still remains and looks like the content is still available:

When you try to download the dataset you get this error:

I've tried running the "Update Index" button, but nothing happens?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Venus, there was a new release this morning that should have resolved these orphaned issues. Are you still observing them on the site? If so, please provide your site URL and we can take a look. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I think theres some cache involded here.

If you try it again...it still happens?

Greetz

VenusScott

Thanks Greetz,

I thought that at first as well and cleared all the caches I could find. It turns out that ESRI Open Data has a couple bugs:

BUG-000082778 : Open Data sometimes indexes or displays duplicate datasets in the Data Report tab. (Assigned)

NIM101952 : Open Data site is not updating properly when data is added or deleted from an associated Group or My Content. (Assigned)

So at this point, there is no way to fix the issues! We have just started configuring this and have it set up as private at this point (good thing!) I don't think this product is really ready for "prime time" just yet. Not until I'm able to clean up the mess that I make!

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Venus, there was a new release this morning that should have resolved these orphaned issues. Are you still observing them on the site? If so, please provide your site URL and we can take a look. Thanks!

0 Kudos
VenusScott

I'm now getting this message: "Site has an error"

0 Kudos
VenusScott

Courtney,

The index was cleaned up nicely but now I'm having a "harvesting" issue (guess my crops have died . . . LOL!)

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hmm... can you please provide the link to the ArcGIS Online item? I'll take a look.

0 Kudos
VenusScott

Courtney,

Here is where I log in:

https://phoenix.opendata.arcgis.com/admin/#/sites

Here is the link to the map service to be harvested:

http://mapservices.phoenix.gov/arcgis/rest/services/OpenData/CouncilDistrict/MapServer

Thanx,

Venus Scott

City of Phoenix - ITS - GIS

251 W Washington St, 6th Fl

Phoenix, Az 85003

venus.scott@phoenix.gov

602-262-7443

Please consider the environment before printing my email.

Computer Humor: ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

I get a 404 when trying to access that link: 7f24f5237c38a4195cdd75a19cca788c.png

0 Kudos
VenusScott

Try again. I had to add an Web Front End (WFE) to allow it outside our

firewall.

Thanx,

Venus Scott

City of Phoenix - ITS - GIS

251 W Washington St, 6th Fl

Phoenix, Az 85003

venus.scott@phoenix.gov

602-262-7443

Please consider the environment before printing my email.

Computer Humor: ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI

0 Kudos