Is there a way to have a "CSV Collection" show up as open data and be searchable on a HUB site?

Jump to solution
05-08-2018 12:37 PM
McPhail_Brian
New Contributor II

I'll apologize in advance if this question has already come up and was solved:

We've uploaded a zip file containing an XLS workbook (multiple sheets within the workbook), and AGOL identifies the item as a "CSV Collection". When the item is then shared to the Open Data group it is not searchable through the provided search tool and only appears when you switch the view to "Items" when already looking at the full listing of data.

Data Listing with "items" in view

Is there any way to make this item searchable similar to other data items?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Brian,

Not yet, but this is a feature coming soon. Stay tuned.

Daniel Fenton

Software Engineer | ArcGIS Hub

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanielFenton1

Hi Brian,

Not yet, but this is a feature coming soon. Stay tuned.

Daniel Fenton

Software Engineer | ArcGIS Hub

0 Kudos
McPhail_Brian
New Contributor II

Thanks Daniel, is there a notification list or newsletter that users can sign up for to hear when updates (like the feature mentioned above) are pushed to the HUB?

Brian

0 Kudos
McPhail_Brian
New Contributor II

Daniel Fenton‌, do you have an idea of when this feature would be pushed into production? I'll have to look into a back-up plan as a short-term solution if unnamed users can't access all of the data on open data, but I wanted to check to see if your group has a timeline on this first.

Brian

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Hey Brian, the beta went live and we've got a short blog post that tells you what the features are and how to enable it. Enabling New Beta Search in ArcGIS Hub The feature should be out of beta w/in the next few months.

As far as a newsletter, there is the ArcGIS Blog, linked about. There is also https://hub.arcgis.com/pages/changelog. We update the changelog every Tuesday when we release.

0 Kudos