Initial load of hub site going to embedded content - not top of page

Jump to solution
12-03-2019 12:04 PM
DanielStoelb
Occasional Contributor III

I'm working with default Hub and noticed that the site constantly loads and centers to the embedded content versus the top of the Hub page by default. Occasionally, the page is also unresponsive.

I'd appreciate any comments/thoughts on what may be causing the issue. Here's the site: Oregon Office of Emergency Management 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Daniel Stoelb‌ yes, I would say the initial splash screen is calling the focus from the browser producing the auto-scroll.  You would have to disable the prompt in the actual application.  Hub can't silence this prompt silently when embedded itself.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Daniel Stoelb‌ we have seen this with a few embedded apps.  Normally the culprit is the embedded application calls for focus which auto-scrolls the page to the app embed.  I noticed the "Public Version of RAPTOR" has a modal prompt on load that corresponds to the auto-scroll, I'm thinking that may be the app calling for focus.

DanielStoelb
Occasional Contributor III

Brian,

Could this be the case because I have an initial splash screen showing on that application? Also, is there the ability to disable that prompt without taking a hit on that application? The app mentioned is using the old public information map template solution on AGOL.

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Daniel Stoelb‌ yes, I would say the initial splash screen is calling the focus from the browser producing the auto-scroll.  You would have to disable the prompt in the actual application.  Hub can't silence this prompt silently when embedded itself.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank @DanielStoelb and @BrianRollison for bringing this attention to the Experience Builder team. We plan to provide an app URL parameter option to allow you to control weather the window like Splash Screen should be automatically focused. Currently we are targeting this feature in the upcoming June release of Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
MattEntinger2
New Contributor

Thanks @Jianxia  for looking into this, we are having the same issue. Are you able to confirm whether this made it into the June update? I don't see it in the What's New in Experience Builder. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@MattEntinger2 @DanielStoelb @BrianRollison, the disable_window_focus URL parameter has been added to the June release of Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online. Unfortunately, this feature slipped from the documentation update and will be added to the doc site under the Use URL parameters topic and What's new. Meanwhile, you may follow the description below to disable the focus.

Control Window focus
When you want to embed an Experience Builder app with splash windows, page windows, or fixed windows through URL in another web page and do not want it to grad focus automatically, you can use the disable_window_focus parameter to control the behavior. Adding the following URL to the host web page will disable the unexpected jumping behavior. By default, the value is false.
https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/<AppId>/?disable_window_focus=true