Information Banner on left side of dashboard opened in hubsite

05-25-2021 09:16 PM
EmmaErickson
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help with might be a really obvious fix. I am short on time and have not found one yet. 

I have a number of dashboards hosted in a hub site - and since this morning (this was not happening yesterday) the dashboards no longer open in a new tab (though they are set to) and this information banner on the left hand side of the screen is now present (but also wasnt yesterday). 

Does anyone know what where I might have gone wrong in some settings to have this suddenly occur throughout all of the dashboards across multiple sites I have? 

Here is a screenshot. 

Thank you

EmmaErickson_0-1622002559899.png

20 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

SOS! This is a really bad update. I have same scenario - I'm sharing web apps and dashboards  through hub sites and this updates messed those up! How can we get rid of the info banner?

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-hub/announcements/announcing-new-and-improved-arcgi...

KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hello,

This layout is part of our recent redesign of how we display content. The Info panel is open by default on desktop, but can be collapsed by an individual who is interacting with the content. As Hub is intended to be an engagement platform and can include community authored content, the purpose of the Info panel is to provide key metadata (dates, license, author, etc) to those who may want reference your content in other mediums. It is intended to help establish authenticity of the publisher.

The Info action is part of the Actions Menu, which was released in 2019; although, we recognize that for certain types of full-screen (edge-to-edge) content there is some unwelcome overlap and we're looking into how to improve our secondary navigation pattern as we move forward. If you wish for your dashboards to open externally to Hub so as not to have to deal with Hub's navigation controls, you may want to toggle the "Embedded Apps" setting off in Site > Settings > Interactions.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's really strange approach from ESRI as now you've messed up ready-made & running services. 

PeterFerretti
New Contributor III

I believe this should be rapidly reevaluated. As far as end-user design goes, this decreases usability for existing maps and apps that have splash screens.  I think the Actions Menu could have a place, but not by default and definitely not with existing maps that have been publicly deployed. -Also, there seems to be a global visibility setting (un-checked by default, see image below) but even so, the info tabs are visible. We will be watching this closely to see if a reversion is made. Making global changes to existing applications makes me worry about what else Esri might do down the road... Please revert this update.HubsInfoSetting.JPG

KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your feedback. 

For awareness, the Information Banner setting refers to an organizational banner that can be positioned atop all one's applications. It does not relate to the Actions Menu.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

what about this being optional? this update has strongly damaged our Hub website. It would be really cool to have it back as it was. Is there any chance?

0 Kudos
JustinPrather
Esri Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User –

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback! 

I'd welcome hearing more about the impact of this update for you. Would you be willing to add more detail here in the replies ... or you can book time to chat with me virtually.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

For example: I have live map based feedback running in hub. Now when citizen goes to map to leave a feedback this info banner pops up in english (rest of the site is in finnish). I have several of these and now I have to go all these through and create a hub page and insert the app inside the page. But that way I lose the possibility for full width app so I have to redesign the layout for most of these apps. Hours of unnecessary work that I can't bill from client.

0 Kudos
JustinPrather
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the additional information, @Anonymous User.

We're still actively collecting and analyzing feedback on the behavior of this side-panel.

Regarding the side-panel appearing in English, just to verify, when this happens, which browser is being used and what is the default preferred language set to?

0 Kudos