id's in ArcGIS Hub do not navigate correctly

Jump to solution
11-29-2018 03:50 AM
ChristaKemperman1
New Contributor III

Hi,

we have created some custom HTML with standaard #id-functionality in ArcGIS Hub to create easier and quicker navigation through long pages.

Something like this:

<a href="#Aardkundigewaarden"> Aardkundige waarden</a>

Where the location-id can be found further down the page:  

<div id="Aardkundigewaarden"> </div>

This all works fine within the ArcGIS Hub page itself. But if we use the URL including the #id (http://geo-point.provincie-utrecht.nl/pages/bodem#Aardkundigewaarden )  from our organisation-website or just straight forward, put it into the adress bar of the browser, it navigates to the top of the page, not to the wanted location on that page. 

We assume the default css/html framework of the Arcgis Hub might overrule our settings, but have no insight in this code.

Does somebody know an answer to this problem and/or a workaround?

thanks,

Christa

18 Replies
ChristaKemperman1
New Contributor III

thanks!

0 Kudos
DonnyVelazquez
Occasional Contributor

Yeah its broken. Same issue here.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

we just pushed a fix for this. give it a try!

0 Kudos
ChristaKemperman1
New Contributor III

Works again, Thanks for the fix!

0 Kudos
DonnyVelazquez
Occasional Contributor

It does work for some links but not for others. If the id is after a section that takes a while to load. Then it doesn't look like it works because the id section gets pushed down. 

Example: Coronavirus Response 

0 Kudos
EspinBowder
New Contributor

Hi, 

This issue is happening on my HUB Site now.  https://globil-panda.hub.arcgis.com

What did you/Esri do to fix it in the past? Can you do it again? That would be great. (I already told customer services, but no luck yet).

Thank a lot, Best regards, 

Espin

0 Kudos
EricaCirigliano
New Contributor III

This functionality is broken for me.  The  link is in a dashboard going to an ID anchor tag in a Hub page.  The correct page opens, but does not jump down to the correct section.

Any timeline on this getting fixed?

0 Kudos
wolfvincent
New Contributor III

We are having the same problem with the portal on ArcGIS Enterprise... Is there a known fix already?

0 Kudos
NHGRANIT
New Contributor

I can see that your page works now in the example you gave. Did you do something to fix this on your end? We are having the same problem here - url lands at top of page, and  not at anchor. Although in-page anchor hops work fine.

0 Kudos