id's in ArcGIS Hub do not navigate correctly

Jump to solution
11-29-2018 03:50 AM
ChristaKemperman1
New Contributor III

Hi,

we have created some custom HTML with standaard #id-functionality in ArcGIS Hub to create easier and quicker navigation through long pages.

Something like this:

<a href="#Aardkundigewaarden"> Aardkundige waarden</a>

Where the location-id can be found further down the page:  

<div id="Aardkundigewaarden"> </div>

This all works fine within the ArcGIS Hub page itself. But if we use the URL including the #id (http://geo-point.provincie-utrecht.nl/pages/bodem#Aardkundigewaarden )  from our organisation-website or just straight forward, put it into the adress bar of the browser, it navigates to the top of the page, not to the wanted location on that page. 

We assume the default css/html framework of the Arcgis Hub might overrule our settings, but have no insight in this code.

Does somebody know an answer to this problem and/or a workaround?

thanks,

Christa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm hoping to have this done in the first half of the year. Will follow-up when we get to it!

View solution in original post

18 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a known limitation. We have it on our backlog to add this enhancement. i don't have any immediate timing for it at this time but this post definitely helps boost the request's visibility so thank you!! 

ChristaKemperman1
New Contributor III

Hi Graham,

Do you have any news on progress or timing on this matter? 

Christa

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm hoping to have this done in the first half of the year. Will follow-up when we get to it!

WestervilleGIS
Occasional Contributor

I was just about to post this question and saw this.  It will be a great enhancement!

0 Kudos
RogerVaessens
New Contributor

Hi, I just stumbled upon this thread while searching for a solution for the same issue. Since it's been more than one and a half year later since this message has been posted, is there now a solution to this problem? Because I am still experiencing the exact same issue. Thanks in advance for your answer! 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anchor tag support will come out with tomorrow's (18 March 2019) release....assuming we don't hold the release for any reason

0 Kudos
ChristaKemperman1
New Contributor III

Thanks Graham,

that's great to hear!

0 Kudos
ChristaKemperman1
New Contributor III

Hi Graham,

We had this conversation about a year ago and since that the anchor support was working fine. But recently someone mentioned to me that the url she used no longer ended in the requested location on our hub-site but at to the top of the page. I got into it, but could not find anything changed on my side. Looks to me we are somehow back to where we were on this matter. Has something changed on the hub-end which messed up the anchor support? 

Here is an example from our hub-site that is not responding correct: Geo-Point Utrecht 

It brings you to the top of the page, where it should end at the bottom (where is says "stiltegebieden").

Please let me know if you find something!

regards,

Christa Kemperman

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We'll look into it!

0 Kudos