Hub premium community sign in settings not honoured on hub site

06-02-2020 03:34 AM
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

How do we make sure community sign in settings for hub premium are honoured?

I have logged in to our hub site, gone to >Settings in order to edit the Sign In Options. I have disabled social logins and enabled 'Allow members to auto join with email'. These changes display correctly in the preview pane, but are not transferred over to the actual hub site. See screenshots below.

1. Settings showing social logins disabled and auto join with email enabled. Note preview pane displays correct settings.

2. Sign in screen showing social logins still enabled and no option to create a community user account

Many thanks,
Rob

0 Kudos
12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you know if your primary ArcGIS Online org has "Allow anonymous access" disabled currently in the security tab of ArcGIS Online Organization Settings?

DataOfficer

Ah good point! I was recommended to switch it off recently during a support case related to a different issue. I will turn it back on and try again. Is there any way to allow community logins with anonymous access turned off? Thanks for the prompt response. 

0 Kudos
DataOfficer

Graham Hudgins Turning on anonymous access does now allow community logins, but it is still allowing users to sign in using social media accounts even though this is shown as disabled in the settings.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you have social logins enabled on your primary ArcGIS Online organization? That settings screen is controlling the community organization. We might have a bug in that preview if you enable social logins on your main org....the sign in is a union of both orgs' settings

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

also - did you notice the save button in the upper right? these settings don't take instantaneously 

0 Kudos
DataOfficer

Yes I used the Save button on each attempt. Yes social media logins are currently enabled on our primary ArcGIS Online organisation. So I need to have social logins disabled both in ArcGIS Online and Hub to disable them in hub? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hub adds the ability for external community users to work with your existing ArcGIS Online organization. The Sign In screen is a union of both your staff/employee Online organization and the community settings. They aren't independent. The upshot is, should you share a private Survey123 or Web Experience, your community users can get access to it assuming it is shared to them. The downside is you need to come up with a single sign in experience for your community & staff. So yes - if you have social logins on in either org then it'll show in your sign in screen. 

DataOfficer

Thank you for the detailed clarification. We are moving towards having a Single Sign On for staff and other users anyway so that is good to know.

0 Kudos
DataOfficer

Hi Graham,
This issue has crept back around. 
In the Advanced Settings of ArcGIS Hub, Allow member to auto join with Email accounts is switched on, and the settings are saved. I have tried with anonymous access toggled on and off in our organisation settings (it is fixed 'on' in our community organisation with no option to change that), but when clicking a Sign Up or Follow button in a hub initiative, none of the customised messages or options show to the user. Only the following:

DataOfficer_0-1670254542002.png

We would expect to see the following (preview from Advanced Settings):

DataOfficer_2-1670254843653.png

Using the Sign In option on an initiative (top right) also fails to show an option to create a new account. Where we would expect to see the following (preview from Advanced Settings):

DataOfficer_1-1670254693272.png