Hub dataset not showing all unique values in filter

01-24-2020 01:54 PM
JulieBarrett
New Contributor III

Our public facing hub site has a dataset that when clicking the filter, it does not show all unique values.  Example, I have a text field for the year.  One of the years, and it shows in the data, it not an option on the filter to filter on.  

I have indexed the dataset and still the problem persists.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Julie,

Can you provide a link to the dataset you're having trouble filtering?

Best,

Patrick

0 Kudos
JulieBarrett
New Contributor III

Good morning Patrick,

Thank you for your response.

Our GIS dept has a datahub that references the dataset in our portal. The data was overwritten and the created item in our hub was showing the updated data, but the filter was not reflecting what was being shown in the data.

Also, the update date was not updated (I understand this is a known issue for the update date).

My solution was to recreate the item in AGOL and replace the new item with the old one, referencing the same url.

This solved the issue – the filter showed the correct data and the update date changed to the new date.

Is this an issue I will need to look at on a regular basis? We overwrite (update) our data regularly and would assume the filters would read from the new data.

I would send the link to the old item, but at the moment, AGOL is experiencing issues.

Thank you.

Julie Barrett

GIS Services

Douglas County Government

301 Wilcox St

Castle Rock, CO 80104

(303) 663-6289

Jbarrett@douglas.co.us<mailto:Jbarrett@douglas.co.us>

…there be dragons…

0 Kudos
NinaRihn
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Julie, I had this problem too today where the new values were not displaying in the filter interface (and removed values were still showing).   I was able to fix it by unsharing and resharing the AGOL item, then clearing my browser cache.    Then the new filter values displayed.   The other problem we have is that only up to 5 unique values are available to filter on.. the user has to search for other values in a text box, which is not very intuitive with 16 possible values.   

0 Kudos