How to remove everything at top except for login/out?

01-29-2023 01:47 PM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to remove the hamburger menu, search, new and notification section or this row entirely, but put the login/log out option at the right hand side of the header?

elpinguino_0-1675028824094.png

5 Replies
Emily_Nilson
Esri Contributor

Hi @elpinguino ,

It is only possible to remove the entire global navigation row, which can be done in site Settings - Interactions - Global Navigation. But this removes the "Sign In" option as well.

I'm keen to learn more about your use case for this - why would you like to remove the hamburger menu and search?

Thank you!

Emily

0 Kudos
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Emily_Nilson , The team has to use multiple ArcGIS Online logins depending on which Council or private company they are contracting into.

The team isn't also very tech savvy... as in I want to remove any extra things on the screen that they don't need. They don't need to access raw or base data, just the dashboards and experience builders with the pre-cooked nicely displayed filterable/action trigger data.

If someone clicks on the hamburger menu or search, they're going to go down a rabbit hole and get lost. I'm not concerned about them deleting anything or seeing the data, but it's just an extra thing that would be nice to hide in order to remove any confusion.

Emily_Nilson
Esri Contributor

Hi @elpinguino , that is helpful context - thank you! I'll share this with the team for consideration.

arc_ticodex
New Contributor III

Hi @Emily_Nilson! I relate a lot to @elpinguino's issue!

In my case, there's no hosted data in my organization's Enterprise (only from Postgree), so the other functions of the global navigator (like the search bar) can be misleading for some people, because it won't show any results. 

At the same time, it is very important for my Sites to have a login option. So it would be a very interesting feature to be able to choose which functions to present in the global navigator. 😊

JeanineEGS
New Contributor III

Hi @Emily_Nilson! I also relate a lot to @elpinguino's issue and @arc_ticodex 's solution

I have non-tec c-suite "viewers" -all private data. with Hub basic. 

I would love a simple sign-in and also sign-out option with minimal settings access for security question and password-reset. 

I've tried switching global navigation off and direct access from the URL but would like a confirmed sign-out option.

it would be a very interesting feature to be able to choose which functions to present in the global navigator. 

JeanineEGS_0-1690090211652.png

thanks.