How do I set public sharing for Followers in Community Org?

Jump to solution
02-13-2020 09:07 AM
Alex-Santos
Occasional Contributor

Is there a global setting to enable public sharing within Hub Community organizations? A following user, within our community org, is not able to share content outside of organization. The option is not visible. I have created a custom role for this setting. Am I missing a detail?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Very odd, from the first screen-shot below we can see the community user does indeed have the privilege to share to the public.  The second screen-shot shows Hub allowing a user to share a content item to the public.  

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

Yet when viewing the item in the community org you can see it isn't shared and the user lacks the ability to share it publicly (see your screenshot).  I then created a unique item in ArcGIS Online as a community user and repeated the above steps...user returns with correct sharing priv, but is unable to share items to the public.

My last thought is if the global setting to allow users to share content publicly is disabled for the org.  Can you check the following as the community org admin...
1. Go to "Organization"

2. Select "Security" in the side navigation

3. In "Access and permissions" go to the "Sharing and searching" section

4. Ensure "Members can share content publicly" is turned on

Let me know what you see.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Alex Santos‌ enabling that setting for role assigned to community users in the community org should enable them to share content with the public.  Is there a specific place within Hub that isn't allowing them to share to the public?

0 Kudos
Alex-Santos
Occasional Contributor

Yes, within the content item the share option isn't showing "Everyone."Share menu not showing Everyone option.

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Very odd, from the first screen-shot below we can see the community user does indeed have the privilege to share to the public.  The second screen-shot shows Hub allowing a user to share a content item to the public.  

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

Yet when viewing the item in the community org you can see it isn't shared and the user lacks the ability to share it publicly (see your screenshot).  I then created a unique item in ArcGIS Online as a community user and repeated the above steps...user returns with correct sharing priv, but is unable to share items to the public.

My last thought is if the global setting to allow users to share content publicly is disabled for the org.  Can you check the following as the community org admin...
1. Go to "Organization"

2. Select "Security" in the side navigation

3. In "Access and permissions" go to the "Sharing and searching" section

4. Ensure "Members can share content publicly" is turned on

Let me know what you see.

Alex-Santos
Occasional Contributor

Found the global setting using the steps you provided. We'e good. Our customer says she's good too! Thanks Brian Rollison

0 Kudos