Feature Request - Gallery Widget Option Controls HTML Target Attribute

01-30-2019 01:02 PM
NFlourish
Occasional Contributor

Hi Hubbers! 

As we've worked with the city of Montpelier, VT, on their Hub implementation, they had a feature they wanted that seemed pretty easy. The basic issue is that a gallery widget always opens the item clicked in a new tab. I realize that often the gallery is a listing of web maps and apps that we do want open in new tabs. But at the same time, if the gallery is showing sites for initiatives, forcing them to open in new tabs breaks the hierarchical navigation through the Hub. So the proposition is simply to allow an override in the gallery widget that sets the 'target="..."' attribute of the HREF used to open each content item if the override is enabled. If this were a per-gallery option, then some galleries of web maps or apps could still open their content in new tabs, while a gallery of initiative sites, or pages, or other navigational content, could be forced to open in the same tab.

6 Replies
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Hi there, thanks for reaching out.  We have this on the backlog -- I've logged your note as a request to bump it in priority.  We plan to circle back on the Gallery Card in the next few weeks, I'll see about getting this slotted in.

- Hubber 🙂

0 Kudos
DevonBise
New Contributor III

Any updates on this, Brian Rollison?

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Devon Bise‌ we added the ability to configure opening in a new tab or same tab to the Gallery Card earlier this year, apologies for not responding here.  You can find it in the Options accordion on the card's settings.  We have not integrated specific item type opening default behaviors.  If this is necessary, consider stacking two gallery cards to provide this behavior.

0 Kudos
DevonBise
New Contributor III

Brian Rollison‌ Thanks for the quick reply!  Is this only implemented in Hub or does it also trickle over to Enterprise Sites?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Devon this comes to Enterprise Sites in 10.8 which releases in January of 2020

DevonBise
New Contributor III
0 Kudos