Download Blue Bar then Nothing

08-13-2014 01:24 PM
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.  We are unable to download anything from our Open Data site.  The blue bar will fill in and then just sits there on the map area forever.  The service I'm using contains a layer of about 19000 points, but the same things happens if I zoom in to where there are just a few points and download the filter by map extent.

Does anyone know why this might be occurring?  Are there limits on the size or number of features/attributes in a map service used in this tool?  Is there something we need to do on our map service side?

Thanks,
Mary Ellen

Tags (2)
10 Replies
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Mary Ellen,

Others are experiencing the downloading issue with large datasets as well, so it's not just you or your dataset. There shouldn't be limits on feature sizes and we're currently working on a fix to get them all downloadable. It should be working soon.

Courtney

ArcGIS Open Data Product Engineer

MaryEllen_Perko

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer and the information.  It's good to know that it's not me.

Best,

Mary Ellen

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko

Hi.  Has there been any progress on fixing this issue?  I happened to try again this morning and believe am seeing the same behavior.

Thanks,

Mary Ellen

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Can you please provide a link to the dataset you're having trouble with? Thanks!

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko

Hi.  Thanks.  Our site is still in development, but I can open it for a little while so you can take a look.  The site is public.ncdot.opendata.arcgis.com.  Just about any data set will behave the same way except for the smaller sized like divisions.

0 Kudos
EvanQuick1
New Contributor

Hi - we are having the same issue with any dataset of a reasonable size.  Very small datasets seem to download fine, but we're getting the same problem as Mary Ellen with most of our data.  Here's an example:

http://vicroadsopendata.vicroadsmaps.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/096129e9185e4db29eef604a32cc5fba_0

Please help! Thanks.

Evan.

0 Kudos
DanMallett
Esri Contributor

I'm having the same problem, the dataset I'm trying to display only has 7 small rectangle polygons in it so I don't think it's a size issue!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Evan Quick Mary Ellen Perko Daniel Mallett

If you're having issues with downloading a particular dataset, please post the link so we can take a look.

For the download function, larger datasets hosted on your Server can take longer. We are working to improve the download notification, and accuracy of the progress bar.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
DanMallett
Esri Contributor

Here's one:

http://gisprodsvr.kamloops.ca:6080/arcgis/rest/services/CityMap/KamloopsOperationalWithHousing/MapSe...

You'll have to add this to your own open data site because mine is still private.  But when I open this layer in my Open Data site it never loads.  I'm using Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 .

0 Kudos