Datasets failing to download

Jump to solution
10-19-2015 08:59 AM
ShaunConway
Occasional Contributor II

We are no able to download any of the datasets on our Open Data Portal. The site was working great last week (last checked 10/16/2015). Map Services are up and running and features are showing in both the table preview and the map.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (we're presenting at the VA GIS Conference tomorrow )

Home | City of Lynchburg Open Data

*** Update. The latest dataset that was successfully downloaded was "Addresses" at around 9:30 this morning.

Thanks,

Shaun

Courtney Claessens

Daniel Fenton

Message was edited by: Shaun Conway

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Shaun,

Are you still having this issue? I tried a few datasets on your site and everything seems to be working fine. If there are specific datasets that are experiencing issues, will you please list them and mention the browser you are using? We'll look into it.

Thanks and good luck at the conference!

Courtney

** Edit: I just saw your edit! Glad to hear things are working as expected. Please let us know if you experience any other issues.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Shaun,

Are you still having this issue? I tried a few datasets on your site and everything seems to be working fine. If there are specific datasets that are experiencing issues, will you please list them and mention the browser you are using? We'll look into it.

Thanks and good luck at the conference!

Courtney

** Edit: I just saw your edit! Glad to hear things are working as expected. Please let us know if you experience any other issues.

ShaunConway

Courtney,

I believe our issues started at 930 this morning with the final successful download having been the addresses dataset. At the time of my original post, none of our datasets were downloading. I removed the entire group from the Groups Manager, updated the entire index, readded the group, and updated the entire index again. This didn't appear to immediately work, although some of our datasets started to come back online.

I've found that the remaining datasets that are still broken are ones that we attempted to download this morning while troubleshooting. Manually hitting the "Reset Dataset and Downloads" button appears to clear these. (maybe they are still cached from when the datasets were failing?)

I've left a few broken:

Dataset | City of Lynchburg Open Data -- Addresses

Dataset | City of Lynchburg Open Data  -- River Centerline

Dataset | City of Lynchburg Open Data -- Edge of Pavement

Thanks for the quick response Courtney.

Shaun

DanielFenton1

Hi Shaun,

All of these downloads seem to be working. Are you still having intermittent issues?

0 Kudos
Lynchburg_GISDivision
New Contributor III

Daniel,

Everything seems to have cleared up and we haven't had the same issue since. I'm still not positive on the cause of the issue, but it appears that removing the group and updating the index seemed to trigger the fix. Manually clearing the caches of the remaining trouble items was the final fix. It's quite possible we were having server issues when items were being cached/indexed.

Thanks for the follow up!

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Glad to hear you're not having issues. Let me know if they reappear!

0 Kudos
deleted-user-jJGKz_pZF6jT
New Contributor II

Hi Shaun,

One of our datasets (contours) is not downloading, so I hit the "reset dataset and downloads button" to see if that clears things up. It has been running for a couple hours. How long did it take for yours data to reset?

Thanks, Geri

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Hi Geri, can you please post a link to your download that is failing?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
ShaunConway

Geri,

Not sure if you ever got this resolved or not, but we recently ran into an issue with our contours not downloading. Turned out to be an issue with the number of vertices. We generalized our data (at .05' tolerance) and it cleared up our issue.

The other option was to host the data on AGOL which of course consumes credits.

Thanks,
Shaun

0 Kudos