Change the permissions/privileges of Hub Premium Community users?

Jump to solution
11-19-2019 02:16 PM
BeckyColwell-Ongenae
New Contributor III

I'm struggling to find the Hub Premium equivalent to AGO's Organization --> Members tab.

https://<organizationname>.maps.arcgis.com/home/organization.html?view=table&sortOrder=desc&sortField=lastlogin&app=#memb...

Can someone let me know where it is?  Also, is their a PDF manual for the inner workings of how to configure all of the different aspects of Hub Premium?  There are quite a few broken links in the Hub online documentation.

Thanks,

Becky

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Becky - we still lean on ArcGIS Online for managing the members, roles, and privileges of your community. You can login to ArcGIS Online as the community org administrator to do these sorts of things. 

We find users login to the community org mostly for these sorts of workflows:

• I want to change the default role that signing up community users get (Community org settings in ArcGIS Online -> "New Member Defaults" tab) 
  • I already know who my community is by email address....I want to invite several users 
  • I want to do some advanced sharing of community-created content (Content/groups tab of ArcGIS Online) 

Our manual is the technical documentation ArcGIS Hub | ArcGIS  - if there's a specific page with an issue, please let us know! 

Over time as we have observed people stand up their external communities we are exposing more and more relevant settings in the ArcGIS Hub user interface...we're trying to be choosy here so the settings are comprehensive for community engagement but not a literal 1:1 of all of ArcGIS Online. In the spirit of this, we recently launched Hub Settings to make it easier to configure key details about your community organization without having to login to ArcGIS Online. We have more planned and member management as a whole is on our backlog....but not something we are actively working on in Q4.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Becky - we still lean on ArcGIS Online for managing the members, roles, and privileges of your community. You can login to ArcGIS Online as the community org administrator to do these sorts of things. 

We find users login to the community org mostly for these sorts of workflows:

• I want to change the default role that signing up community users get (Community org settings in ArcGIS Online -> "New Member Defaults" tab) 
  • I already know who my community is by email address....I want to invite several users 
  • I want to do some advanced sharing of community-created content (Content/groups tab of ArcGIS Online) 

Our manual is the technical documentation ArcGIS Hub | ArcGIS  - if there's a specific page with an issue, please let us know! 

Over time as we have observed people stand up their external communities we are exposing more and more relevant settings in the ArcGIS Hub user interface...we're trying to be choosy here so the settings are comprehensive for community engagement but not a literal 1:1 of all of ArcGIS Online. In the spirit of this, we recently launched Hub Settings to make it easier to configure key details about your community organization without having to login to ArcGIS Online. We have more planned and member management as a whole is on our backlog....but not something we are actively working on in Q4.

BeckyColwell-Ongenae
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for your speedy response!  That got me to where I need to be.

Thanks for the extra tips too!

~Becky

0 Kudos