Can we use credentials of existing logged in user into Iframe

04-14-2021 03:06 PM
SaadhasnainKhan
New Contributor

I am building a site using ArcGIS hub webpage and wanted to add some customize feature like when user logged in do some work save its progress and then log out. It is sort of customize requirement. I am working on separate website hosting it on AWS and loading it using Iframe in ArcGIS hub webpage but I want to use existing credentials or some kind of user token to save user wise data.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hi @SaadhasnainKhan,

We do not support passing authentication into iframes that are outside our ecosystem. If you iframe content that is on *.arcgis.com, we can pass user credentials to the iframed application. But if you are iframing in content hosted elsewhere, there is no way for us to pass in authentication for you to use. Sorry.

0 Kudos
SaadhasnainKhan
New Contributor

Can you please share me the documentation on how I can develop such application using *arcgis.com platform and how can we send user credentials to *arcgis.com hosted version app iframe.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DaveBouwman
New Contributor II

Hi @SaadhasnainKhan 

To clarify - this means is that we only allow apps that are build by Esri and hosted on the ArcGIS online platform (i.e. their hostname ends in "arcgis.com") to request authentication information from the host application - in this case a Site.

For security reasons, we do not support this for custom developed applications, and to date we do not have any means or plans (that I'm aware of) for external developers to host applications on *.arcgis.com domains.

Sorry, that's likely not the answer you were hoping for.

0 Kudos