Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I make users have to complete a waiver form?

Jump to solution
05-03-2023 11:58 AM
SamanthaJordan
New Contributor III

Hi,

Very new to Hub so what I want might not make sense: We need volunteers to sign a required waiver form before they can volunteer. Is it possible to have this waiver be included when users sign up? Or is there any way to make a waiver form be required before they can sign up for events? This form only needs to be signed once every calendar year, so its not needed every time they sign up. It just would help us streamline the process.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwrenner_esri
Esri Contributor

As far as I know this isn't possible to do in the generic public signup. However, I've seen folks with certain security/waiver requirements get around this with something like:

1) Disable public Community signup capability within Hub

2) Create a Survey123 where people certify they have read the waiver and enter details needed to create user accounts for them in Hub Community (first/last name, email etc.)

3) Manually create accounts for people who sign up in the Survey123

This does take monitoring of the Survey data layer in order to keep track of any signups and tracking whether they've been added or not. Not sure whether your workflow warrants that type of effort, but I did want to present it as an alternative to the default public sign up method.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwrenner_esri
Esri Contributor

As far as I know this isn't possible to do in the generic public signup. However, I've seen folks with certain security/waiver requirements get around this with something like:

1) Disable public Community signup capability within Hub

2) Create a Survey123 where people certify they have read the waiver and enter details needed to create user accounts for them in Hub Community (first/last name, email etc.)

3) Manually create accounts for people who sign up in the Survey123

This does take monitoring of the Survey data layer in order to keep track of any signups and tracking whether they've been added or not. Not sure whether your workflow warrants that type of effort, but I did want to present it as an alternative to the default public sign up method.

SamanthaJordan
New Contributor III

Thank you for the amazing and detailed response! We might try that method out and see if it works or creates too many steps for volunteers. The waiver is important so we might need to just go about it in this way. 

Thank you for your time!

Samantha