arcgisopendata platform errors out when downloading large datasets?

Jump to solution
03-09-2015 09:13 AM
JustinMeyers
New Contributor III

is there a reason why you cannot download large gis shapefile datasets from the arcgis open platform?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LisaTurner
Occasional Contributor II

Hey Justin,

It took a while to load the web page, but when I clicked on the Shapefile choice for my download it allowed me to download a zipped up file. I use Firefox for my browser.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LisaTurner

Hey Justin,

Have you tried using a different web browser to download the data?

0 Kudos
JustinMeyers
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Open Data

• shapefile – An error occurred while processing this dataset

the wood county wi parcels above error out in chrome,  ie, and firefox

LisaTurner

The link you posted doesn't open for me.

My only other thought is to recommend checking in with your IT team and make sure you aren't attempting to download something that firewalls might be blocking due to various issues.

0 Kudos
JustinMeyers
New Contributor III

if you go to the arcgis open data website search for parcel - the wood county parcel layer for wisconsin is the first one to show up.  this is my personal computer - i dont have anything from blocking my downloads.  let me know if you can download the data.

cheers

0 Kudos
LisaTurner

Hey Justin,

It took a while to load the web page, but when I clicked on the Shapefile choice for my download it allowed me to download a zipped up file. I use Firefox for my browser.

0 Kudos
JustinMeyers
New Contributor III

okay - it just worked in firefox.  not sure but it didnt work earlier.  Im not sure why firefox works but chrome and ie error out!?

thanks!

0 Kudos
LisaTurner

Hey Justin,

We'd likely make a lot of money if we could figure out why each browser has it's own quirks. Glad you were able to get your download.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Justin,

When you see a message that says: there was an error processing this download, it is NEVER a browser issue. Instead, there was either a problem with the host GIS Server or with the Open Data infrastructure. We don't have a limit on download size and we work hard to make sure all datasets are downloadable.

0 Kudos