ArcGIS Hub Open Data Download Issues

03-25-2018 03:46 PM
JacobHechter1
New Contributor II

arcgis hub‌

I am working on configuring an ArcGIS Hub site for a local government in New Zealand.  I have had difficulty getting the ArcGIS hub site to allow downloads of certain datasets - namely image services and large vector datasets (e.g. contour datasets) 

We are hosting our data on our on-premise servers, adding layers to ArcGIS online as content from the web, then sharing the content to our ArcGIS hub site through groups and tags.  80% of the content I have loaded to the Hub site downloads correctly and quickly (which is great).

Image services download, but only as a thumbnail-sized, low resolution jpg/tiff/png.  Urban contours send an error after gathering data for several minutes (Status: An error ocurred.  Download failed). Is there a way to configure Hub or ArcGIS online to allow for the full dataset to be downloaded?  Better yet, is there a way to download an Area of Interest?  I have a hunch that the size of the contours could be the reason that the download is failing, but I don't see a way to clip out the area I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Replies